Thursday, April 17, 2008

Finally

I stopped here after 10 posts (not that I am out of material, there is plenty more...) to contact Dell and basically give them one last chance to make things right before I spread this blog all over creation. 

The first guy, Jay, said he would transfer me and then hung up.

The second guy, Nino, said that I didn't have enough ram. Now I agree that a gig of ram is not tons, but it is certainly enough for ordinary computer use (I save my video editing for my mac; we're talking basic word processing, web browsing, and music playing) and shouldn't result in a chronically paralyzed system. 

I told him I wanted a new computer. He said he wanted to help set my expectations and that they don't replace computers, period. He said my best bet was to talk to the customer care department the next day (of course, closed at 5) and maybe they would think about giving me a partial refund, depreciation considered. 

"Is there anything else I can help you with sir?"

"Yes, would you like to read my blog?"

"Yes sir, what is the address?"

I spelled it out and he repeated back, "Ok, thats 'piece of dell dot blogspot dot com.'"

"You got it!"

"Ok, I will add this to your case file."

 

Then I waited a day, ran the full diagnostics and disk check again just to make double sure that it wasn't a simple problem, and called Dell Customer Care. I told the girl, Mitch, that I wanted a new computer. She put me on hold for 10 minutes to look at my case file, and came back saying right away that they were going to send a replacement computer. 

I just received an email saying, "I’d like to inform you that I’ve processed the request for the replacement. The system will be built and to set your expectation, it’s going to be for the same system and cofiguration that you ordered however if the system isn’t available anymore, then it’s going to be the upgraded version."

Well, alrighty Dell. It's about time. I will relent from further postings unless the replacement computer also doesn't work; then they won't hear the end of it until I get a full refund. I will still keep this blog up though, because it's important for people to know. 

No comments: