Thursday, April 10, 2008

What was I thinking

Ok, here was my thought process when I decided to buy a new laptop:

"Hm, I've had an HP laptop for 3 years. It's been good to me, but it's time to replace it. Let's see what deals there are... Oh another HP is around $650. Wow, thats a lot cheaper than the $1500 I paid for the last one. Wait, the newest Dell laptop is on sale for a little over $500! Whoa! A gig of ram, dual core processor... Hm, lets think about this... I've heard bad things about Dell but they've had years to improve and as long as I get a really good warranty, how could I go wrong? A 3 year come to your house the next day and fix it should be all I need in case anything goes wrong. But still, buying a Dell... but it's so cheap... and it looks pretty..."

And thus clever marketing and seductive low prices led me astray and I succumbed to buying a sneaky little Piece of Dell. It pains me to admit that such a foolish train of thought ever traversed my mind, but I do it for the good of others, that they may learn from my mistake.

No comments: